SHINE is a look backward from the present to Salem's 1860 charter. In each year we have four sections: glimpses of what was happening around the world, a special event in Salem, what you see when you visit that site today, and other Salem events of interest that year.



Monday, December 8, 2008

Historical photos

Do you have a favorite historical photograph? Share it here! Please post some old photographs, perhaps of your family, and share with SHN blog readers.

If you don't have a scanner, bring your photos to Virginia or Stephanie, and we will scan them for you.

At left is a photo of my Great Grandmother (in white), along with 2 of my Great-Great Grandmothers, and also my Great-Great-Great Grandmother!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear Stephanie:

Peter Booth directed me to your site. I have some photos to post, what is the best way?
Are you any relation to the Matlock family that lived in Heppner during the 1903 flood?
MIke
MichaelCarrick@me.com